Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cinnamon Bread with a side of Butterflies

As you know, the kiddos and I are staying with Mother and Dad until the Hubs can find us a home to complete The Big Move.

Dad is a minister, and this week it was his turn to host the community-wide prayer breakfast (attended by the mayor, other pastors, and business owners). He wanted to kind of make a splash, so he asked my mother, sister, and I to cook some tasty treats.

My mother found this recipe, and IT IS AMAZING (the breakfast-ers thought so and told Dad over and over!)

Cinnamon Bread

1 box white or yellow cake mix
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup oil
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T butter flavoring (optional)

Mix all ingredients together and beat well. Mix, have ready 4 Tablespoons sugar and 2 Tablespoons cinnamon. Pour half of batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Add remaining batter. Makes 2 small loaves or 1 long loaf or also makes 3 miniature loaves for gifts. Bake 1 hour at 350 or until done.

In other news, the reason for the butterflies...
We may have a new home by the end of today. This is such a huge huge step for us and I am frankly scared to take it.

1 comment:

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!