Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Printed Pillows -- I LOVE THESE!!





I keep seeing these pillows all over blogland, and I just drool every time a new picture pops up. When I learned that how to make them, I kicked into high gear. I may or may not have gone pillow crazy. The thing is, throw pillows are always so expensive, and to a cheapo like me, it's really hard to pull the trigger when purchasing. Even if they're just gorgeous. Suffice it to say, my houses have always been throw pillow-less.

But not any more!!!

What do you think of these?

I am not going to stuff them until after The Big Move, since flat things are (naturally) much easier to pack, and we are already maxed out for space in the moving truck. Or trucks. Whatever.

The one with "Zeno Chewing Gum" is an imprint off of an antique stick gum machine that belonged to my grandfather for as long as I can remember. It still works, and when we were kids, he kept it on a shelf above his tv, with a toy mail truck (he was retired from the USPS) full of pennies so that we could get gum whenever we wanted. When he passed away this past April, all of the grandkids wanted the gum machine...so all of our names went into a hat, and my brother Caleb came up with the win. There are so many memories attached to that piece.

The French sheet music graphic came from The Graphics Fairy. Love her blog.

Anyway, I know my photography's not the best, and it might be difficult to see how these casings are going to be pillows, but I hope you get the idea!

1 comment:

  1. Where did you find blog posts for the pillows? I'm actually right in the middle of making a couple quilted pillows for the grandmothers (with the grandkids handprints on them), but haven't yet figured out how to write their names and birthdates on the pillows.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!