Monday, December 17, 2012

How I Made a Rosette Necklace


I had someone ask me a while ago for a tutorial on a hot pink rosette necklace that I made...it's taken me a while to get this one up and going, but here it is!


1. I made 5 fabric rosettes.

2. I laid them out in the pattern I wanted on a piece of felt, traced around it, and cut the felt out.

3. I hot-glued the rosettes to the felt backing.

4. I cut two equal lengths of chain (you can buy the chain on a roll like this at Hobby Lobby for around $5...I have made at least four different types of necklaces out of it at this point, and still have plenty left!).

5. To one end of each piece of chain, I attached a jump ring. To one of the jump rings, I attached a lobster claw closure.


6. To attach the chain on each side of the necklace, I pulled the felt backing away from the rosette, put in a drop of hot glue, and sandwiched the chain in between the felt and the fabric.

That's it! See how it looks in an outfit here.

2 comments:

  1. going to try and make one! I purchased a pricey (although cute) one at a craft show.....thanks for the tute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a little bit of time to make the rosettes, but everything else goes together in a flash! I hope you get to make one!

      Delete

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!