Monday, May 6, 2013

How I Became Obsessed with Cilantro Salad


Ever wonder why you enjoy dining out so much more than dining in? Well, aside from the obvious...not having to cook, clean up, etc. :) I'll be honest, it's the clean-up that I dread every stinkin' time.

Restaurants just seem to add that little extra SOMETHING that kicks your experience up to the next level, though, don't they? And if they don't, you don't go back there. At least, I don't...my time and money are too hard to come by to waste on a mediocre experience, to my way of thinking.

Our favorite Mexican restaurant in town JUST DOES IT. Everything is just right, somehow. My go-to menu item is the Brisket Tacos. They are so fresh and fantastic that just the thought of them makes me mouth water. Yep, it's watering right now.  They serve them with this fresh cilantro salad on the side, and let me tell you....that cilantro salad makes that dish.

So a couple of weeks ago, I was making pulled chicken tacos, and thought I'd try my hand at the salad. I'm calling it a "salad" because I'm not sure what else to call it! It's not exactly a salsa, I don't think. Well, it turned out amazing. So amazing that I have made chicken tacos and steak tacos multiples times since then, just so I could make this salad to go with it.

And of course I just had to share it with you. It's so easy that it almost seems silly to brag on it, but I'm going to anyway.

Cilantro Salad
Equal parts cilantro and chopped onion
Juice of one lime

I put the three ingredients into my Ninja and just let it whirl for a bit.

The brightness of the cilantro and lime just make the tacos so tasty and fresh.

Ooooooooh, I'll bet it would be so good on enchiladas, too! And maybe tostadas...or baked chimis...

Linked up to Watch Out, Martha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!