Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Making Lemonade

Ok, we've got it. Times are tough. Enough already!
Does anyone else feel that way?
Here's the deal...my husband, just like a lot of husbands, has been laid off for a while, and while we are searching for work and praying for our situation to change, we're still ALIVE....we're living the same life and doing all the same basic things.....just on a lot less!
I feel like I've been given the opportunity to learn how to live well while also living wisely, and over the past few years, I've picked up things here and there that I think others will also find helpful.
So we don't go out to eat as often....that's taught me to cook better (hopefully, anyway!) so that a home-cooked meal is as enjoyable or more enjoyable than a dinner out. I'm still looking for a busboy and dishwasher, though. I haven't quite worked that part out yet.
Of course there are other areas of our lives that have required some creative thinking as well. The thing is, I don't want anyone else's life; I happen to like mine pretty well. I just want to make it as enjoyable as possible for myself, my family, and other loved ones. Hopefully I can pass on some of what I've learned to you, and hopefully you will feel free to share your insight with me as well.
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!