Thursday, August 20, 2009

Outdoors on a Shoestring


If you're like me, your garden has suffered some heat-related casualties. Right now is a great time to revitalize your landscaping....home improvement centers, gardening centers, and nurseries are clearancing off some of their plants in preparation for fall merchandise. My husband, who knows the way to my heart, went out today and purchased a few.....gold and red Lantana for 50 cents, a couple of spirally rushes (LOVE that cool texture!), and a Wine-and-Roses Weigela (perfect for a bare spot in the corner) for $2, among others.

We are coming into perfect outdoor-entertaining weather, so I would really encourage you to go out and look for plants to enhance your container gardens as well. It's amazing how having that garden-y environment relaxes your guests and adds to the ambience of your evening. It may sound cheesy, but it's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!