Thursday, September 23, 2010

Christi's Crock Pot Pork

As we're getting ready for The Big Move, I'm trying to use up everything in the fridge and freezer. I hate wasting. ;)

A girlfriend of mine posted this Crock Pot recipe yesterday, and it sounded so fabulous that I thought I'd use it today (plus I need to use up the pork in the freezer...and I don't want to do any major grocery shopping before we ship out).

So here is the recipe just in case you'd like to add something new to your dinner rotation (and don't we just get tired of cooking the same things over and over?).

1 1/2 lbs thawed pork
3 - 4 Golden Delicious apples (although I am using our family's favorite, Fuji), sliced
3 Tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Put the pork in the Crock Pot and cover with apples. Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together and sprinkle over the apples. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

I am going to serve it over mashed potatoes.

Christi says it's fabulous, and I'm taking her word for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!