Friday, September 24, 2010

My Hubby Made Me a Farmhouse Bench!


Yes, I am squealing!!!!!


I have literally wanted one ever since I laid eyes on my first copy of Country Living magazine when I was 18 years old (I don't really think we need to discuss how long ago that was). I remember thumbing through the pages and thinking, "This is ME!" even though I had no idea what country or cottage style was (beyond country blue and dusty rose and all those ducks and geese from the '80's...ugh!!! Do you remember those?).


I was at a little flea market in our tiny town and saw a farmhouse bench for sale, and took Hubs up there with the truck so that I could buy it and he could help me load it, but he took a look at the wobbly bench and said, "I think I can make that. And I think I have everything I need to make it at the house already."


Wow, really? Ok!


So sure enough, he made one! And so far it has cost us exactly $0, which is AWESOME. The wood came from leftovers from other projects, and the primer and paint were all sitting in the garage begging for a second chance to make something pretty. And I think they did a pretty good job. I still have to buy poly for it, since I am hoping to use it for seating at my dining room table. It should seat 4 bottoms, I think. Well.....I guess that kind of depends on the bottom, huh?


I also need a new camera, because I think mine takes pretty lousy pictures, but hopefully you can get a decent idea of how my new farmhouse bench (!) looks.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice...and having a hubby with carpenter skills is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!