Saturday, November 20, 2010

Trying My Hand at Sewing (Again!)

My mother taught me to sew when I was younger, for the most part because I wanted to be just like her. She could do the most amazing and creative things, like smocking (real, honest-to-goodness, complicated pieces) and shadow embroidery (a type of heirloom embroidery that is stitched in reverse on the underside of fabric so that a "shadow" shows through when the right side is exposed).

Turns out that I have neither her eye for tiny detail nor her patience. ;P

That being said, I DO have her sense of frugality and disappointment in the quality or availability of certain products, and feel like I "can do it better myself!"

So today I'm going to attempt to make a custom shower curtain. Supposedly (SUPPOSEDLY) it is super-easy. I guess after today I'll know for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!