Thursday, October 18, 2012

How I Brought the Fair to my Kitchen


A couple of days ago, we went to the State Fair of Texas...it's a really big deal here, and schools take an actual "Fair Day" so that parents can take their children to the Fair and see the sights. Our kids were finally old enough to enjoy it, so we went, and it was so so fun!! We were there a good 9 hours but still didn't see everything there was to see, and when we left, waaaaaayyyyyyy past bedtime, our two olders were begging to stay and do more.

The State Fair is really famous for it's "fried" things...and we saw fried pb&j, fried pecan pie, fried pumpkin pie, fried sugar cubes...you name it, they fry it.

We didn't try anything fried, but my husband was dying to eat a sausage on a stick. We must be on a sausage kick lately.

So when I told him we were having Polish sausage for dinner last night, he told me I was his dream woman.

There's nothing fancy about this dinner...it's just Polish sausage links, split in half and covered in mashed potatoes and melted cheese (I popped it in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese and get the sausages piping hot), but you would've thought I was the best Mom/wife ever when I put this on the table.

And I like it when they call me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!