Wednesday, February 20, 2013

How I Made Country BBQ Nachos

This is another one of those I-need-to-get-some-kind-of-meal-on-the-table-ASAP dinners. It's so easy and quick and crowd-pleasing! I think I originally saw this recipe in a Schwann's catalog a million years ago, and just adapted it to our family's taste.

You will need:
Tortilla Chips
Some kind of BBQ meat (I used chicken, but it's really good with pork or beef as well)
Frozen Corn
Black Beans, drained and rinsed
Cream Cheese (I used 2 oz)
Ranch Dressing
BBQ Sauce
Shredded Cheese (I used a Mexican blend simply because that's what I had on-hand)

On a large cookie sheet, lay down a layer of tortilla chips and BBQ meat....

....a layer of frozen corn and black beans (I used about 1/4 pkg. of corn and half a can of beans)...


....a layer of cubed cream cheese (you can put as little or as much as you like...my family likes me to take it easy on the cream cheese).....


....and then squizzle on some Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce......


....and lastly, sprinkle on the cheese.


Put it in a 350-degree oven until the cheese melts (about 15 minutes in my oven).


I'm not going to pretend like this is the healthiest dinner.


Or even a moderately healthy one.


But homemade fast food beats a fast-food-chain "dinner." Every. Single. Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!