Wednesday, February 20, 2013

How I Make Homemade Break-n-Bake Cookies

Recently, the young women at my church got together to bake cookies to take to some of our widows for Valentine's Day; the idea was that each of the older women would not feel alone on a day that's meant to celebrate love and togetherness. We were each asked to brink either a package of brownie mix or a package of break-n-bake refrigerated cookies to bake and then package.

You already know that I'm not a huge fan of pre-packaged foods; while I'm not opposed to using them in a pinch, if I don't have to, I won't.

So I decided to just make my own cookie dough, freeze it, and take it to the party.

My cookie dough recipe is the one that I grew up with, the one from my mom's huge orange Betty Crocker cookbook. Sometimes, you just don't need to mess with fixing what's not broken.

I mixed up the dough, then I used my Pampered Chef scoop to divvy them up on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.


I put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes, then put them in Ziploc bags and labeled them.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!