Tuesday, March 19, 2013

How I Made a Chalkboard (Or a Before and After)


This is a not-so-good shot of a large framed print that we had sitting in our garage.  It's a fairly large piece, so it looks quite substantial hanging on the wall, but it's definitely not my taste. I had been dying to paint something with chalkboard paint for quite a long time, and when I found chalkboard spray paint on clearance for $3 (not a huge savings, since the regular price is $4, but just seeing the clearance sticker made me feel good about it), I knew my time had come.

Originally, my plan was to get gold epoxy from Hob Lob and distress this frame, but once I sprayed it with the chalkboard paint, the frame really came into its own. I decided to leave it as-is. How serendipitous. :)



I shamelessly copied the text from a painted canvas that I saw on Etsy. It was all blues and whites and yellows and I loved it, so this is my version. Not too bad for a $3 art project, I thought. And I still have plenty of paint in the can. What to do, what to do....

Linked up to The Shabby Creek Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!