Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What I Wore (Or Combining 2 Trends)

First of all, I have to tell you that my 6-year-old daughter took this pic for me. I had a meeting to go to this morning, but this afternoon we will be at the pool, and so this outfit is not going to be on long enough for my hubs to come home and snap a shot for me. I'm not complaining, mind you...there's no place I'd rather be during the Texas summer than at the pool! It just means that my feet are cropped off in some shots, and my head was cropped off in others. You don't mind, do you? :)

I have been feeling really inspired by a couple of things lately: 1) the tribal trend, and 2) anything at all Junk Gypsies-inspired. Do you watch Junk Gypsies on HGTV? Sometimes their decor is a little over the top for me (although I like bits and pieces of it...I just couldn't do it all at once!), but I just adore the way they dress (including EACH and EVERY bit of clothing on their website) and the way they haphazardly pile on accessories. I'm not that bold.....YET.

As far as the tribal trend goes, I don't know that it's going to be around that long. I wanted something that let me dabble in the trend without investing too much, and this head wrap did the trick. It's just hippie enough for me.....hippie, boho, Cali style, Junk Gypsies....that's what I tend to gravitate toward.

Head wrap: $4 (The Icing)
Tank: Already had (Charlotte Russe)
Denim Vest: Gift (JC Penney)
Skirt: Already had (Lauren Conrad for Kohl's) Do I wear this skirt too much? It's just as comfy as pajamas, and I can't help it!!!

Linked up the The Pleated Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!