Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What I Wore (Or I Love a Hand-Me-Down)

I went back to the midwest a couple of weeks ago to visit my family for a few days (ALONE, MIND YOU....the kiddos and the hubs stayed home!), and while I was there, I went through my little sister's closet. I do that almost every time I go home, either to convince her to purge forgotten items, or to see if there's anything in there that I can't live without. The top that I'm wearing is one that my mother had purchased for her, but that she didn't think fit her well. It has a kind of retro feel, which usually works for her body type, but apparently this shirt didn't do it for her. I think it has a bit of a Palm-Springs-in-a-good-way vibe, and it reminded me of vacation. And it was free. I do love free.

Top: HMD (Vera Wang for Kohl's)
White boyfriend pants: $10 (NY&Co)
Nude sandals: Already had (Lauren Conrad for Kohl's)

So I wore that outfit to church, and when we came home, I switched the outfit up a bit.

I bought these shorts last fall at a crazy clearance sale. The color, while lovely alone, is a bit challenging to put with other items, believe it or not! But the shorts are also ridiculously comfortable, so even though the outfit looks a little dressy, it was easy to move in and will probably become a go-to for me.

Top: HMD (Vera Wang for Kohl's)
Shorts: $4 (Daisy Fuentes for Kohl's)
Platforms: Already had (Charlotte Russe)
Belt: Already had (Express)...I have had that belt about 13 years, I think. Now that was a good buy.

In other news, I have been knee-deep in a bedroom makeover! I hope I can get some pics up soon.

Linked up to The Pleated Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!