Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Look for WAY Less




One of my favorite shows on the Style network used to be The Look for Less...the object was to take a runway look and create it for $100 or less. I remember thinking, "$100! I could do it for so much less than that!" But then, those of you that know me know that I think even paying sale price is paying too much.


I came across this picture in a magazine and thought it was a really cute look, and then my brain started spinning, trying to figure out how I could re-create it without spending much money. I love the whole plaid trend, but couldn't find any in stores (especially long-sleeved, considering that it's still summer) on sale, much less at a price that I would consider paying.


So I hit the Goodwill.


I found the denim shorts for $2.


I wasn't even charged for the plaid shirt, but it was supposed to be $3.


The sandals I have had for 3 summers now (time to get new ones, I know), but I paid $1.70 for them when I got them.


The watch was an anniversary present from my husband 6 years ago.


I'm still working on the bag. Since I don't have much to spend, I have to be really picky.


I hope you get a kick out of this! I had fun trying to put it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!