Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Feelin' Saucy, Part 1

So I've decided lately that sauces up the ante when it comes to cooking. They can transform something ordinary into something that has the appearance of being gourmet. Very Julia Child, no? Or maybe we're channelling Paula Deen? So......let's make something with butter....

Awesome Honey Pecan Sauce:
Equal parts honey and butter
Chopped pecans

Melt the butter over low heat; when it's melted, stir in the honey, then sprinkle in as many pecans as you think you'd like. It's just that easy.

This sauce was originally intended to be served over fried pork chops, but I like it just well over grilled pork chops. It's also good to dip bread in....so it's probably good over pancakes, waffles, biscuits.....is anyone else feeling hungry? :)

3 comments:

  1. Just plain ones. Turns out it's good on grilled chicken, too....I just tried that last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the sauce. It is really good, I used store bought chopped pecans and next time I think I'll make sure they are chopped a little smaller. I didn't use it all on the chicken so I refrigerated the rest of it and had it on toast the next morning. It was very good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy!!! I'll always try to reply!